Zybo XADC Demo

eddya89

Question

Hello,
I'm trying to run the file "XADC demo for ZYBO" with the tutorial "Using Digilent Github Demo Projects".

First i downloaded the ZIP file "Zybo-XADC-2016.4-1" from "Github". I didn't select the “SDK Hardware Handoff” option because the project dose not supports Vivado SDK so i select the “Vivado” option. I did all the steps and when i get to step 3 "Generate Bitstream" ,I click Generate Bitstream on the left hand menu towards the bottom and click OK the "synthesis and implementation" are failed because 3 errors. i'm adding a print screen of the errors.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Is there a problem with the file itself? Is there a problem with the C code?

Thank you for any help!

‏‏לכידה.JPG

2 answers to this question

@eddya89

Are you using a Vivado 2017 version? The script that generates the project can have trouble when running in something other than 2016.4.

Could you provide a screenshot of the Sources pane? I specifically want to know if a "locked" version of the xadc_wiz_0 IP shows up when Design Sources / XADCdemo.v is expanded. If it does, then the problem can likely be solved by clicking Tools / Report / Report IP Status in the top bar, then clicking Upgrade All in the report pane that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for your patience.

Arthur

3 hours ago, artvvb said:

@eddya89

Are you using a Vivado 2017 version? The script that generates the project can have trouble when running in something other than 2016.4.

Could you provide a screenshot of the Sources pane? I specifically want to know if a "locked" version of the xadc_wiz_0 IP shows up when Design Sources / XADCdemo.v is expanded. If it does, then the problem can likely be solved by clicking Tools / Report / Report IP Status in the top bar, then clicking Upgrade All in the report pane that appears at the bottom of the screen.

Thanks for your patience.

Arthur

Thank you for the help @artvvb !

You were right and it was indeed the solution.

I wish you the best :)

Archived