ZYBO DMA Audio Demo Error

rahmat

Question

Hi,

I just purchased a zybo and attempted to get the demo project from digilent working:

https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/zybo-dma-audio-demo/start

I am using Vivado 2017.1 instead of 2016.4 that the tutorial uses. I suppose that it made no difference. It passed synthesis but when implemented, errors came up as files attached. I noticed that there are only 2 ports on the .xdc file but apparently the top module uses more than two ports. They don't even have the same names. I'm pretty noob so I might miss a really simple solution. Thanks a lot.

Rahmat

ports_i2c.png

contraints_i2c.png

2 answers to this question

Hi @rahmat,

The Vivado version unfortunately does make a difference. This project was originally made in an older version and updated to Vivado 2016.4 just recently. I just got this project working in Vivado 2017.1 by first going into the folder and editing the version to 2017.1 in the design_1_bd.tcl  found here \Zybo-DMA-master\src\bd\design_1\hw_handoff. Once you have loaded the project upgrade the ip cores by going to tools tools->report->report status and upgrade all ip cores. Next you need to have vivado create a wrapper and then generate a bitstream. In SDK i only imported the dma and not the dma_bsp. then i created a new board support package calling it dma_bsp. I verified the terminal portion of the project worked.

cheers,

Jon

Archived