Oscilloscope Logging problem

Michelle

Question

I'm using the Analog Discovery 2. When I use the oscilloscope, I seem to only be getting a signal snapshot as my output. For example, I ran the oscilloscope for about 1 minute (by hitting "run" and then "stop." I went to the Logging panel and hit "save." I got the attached data as my output. The attached data only spans about 0.1 seconds and also starts at a negative time, even though in my oscilloscope settings I specify that I want time to start at 0 secs. Also, I've tried logging data for different amounts of time (10 seconds, 1 minute, 2 5 minutes) and all the outputs come out to 8192 samples - I would prefer it if I could obtain more samples with an increased length of time sampling. Attached is a screenshot of my oscilloscope settings and logging settings.

How do I program the oscilloscope so that I can acquire data over a longer period of time?

Thank you so much!

acq0003.csv

Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at 10.48.31 AM.png

3 answers to this question

Hi @Michelle

With the Logging tool you can save individual acquisitions in separate files or perform custom logging.
By selecting Execute Each acquisition it will automatically save each acquisition, up to the specified Maximum number.
The samples in the acquisition are limited by the high speed device buffer, 8k (or 16k with the 2nd device configuration under Settings/DeviceManager) for each channel at up to 100Msps.

Select Mode Record and you can configure to capture more samples in an acquisition.
With this, you can acquire up to 10M samples at lower rate, limited by USB bandwidth to about 1-2Msps.

Hi Attila,

Thanks very much for your response. How do I make an acquisition last for a longer period of time, though? I describe how despite running the oscilloscope for 10 minutes (pressing "run" and then "stop"), I only get 0.1 seconds of data when I save my acquisition. I'm not sure why this is happening.

Can the scope record data over a longer period of time, like 3 minutes or 10 minutes?

Thank you!

I believe that what Atilla was saying is that the Oscilloscope instrument has a mode "Record" which allows long sampling at low sampling rates.  If you select "record" and press the down-arrow on the time box to see the full set of specs, the default is 1M samples at 800kHz, which is 1.25 s.  You could increase that to 10M samples to record for 12.5s.

Archived