Atlys Spartan-6 Initial Test Program - black Screen

DaPoco

Question

Hello Guys,

I just wanted to run the initial Test Program, shipped with the Digilent Xilinx Spartan-6 (Atlys_Demo_BIST). So i connected power and a HDMI-Plug (HDMI-out of course) and booted the board, nothing happens. The screens stays black. Any ideas?

I downloaded the .bin file and flashed the chip again to be sure the program is present.

Regards

6 answers to this question

Hello,

Please be sure that you remove jumper JP11 (near USB HOST colnnector), so that the configuration is loaded from Flash. According to the reference manual http://www.digilentinc.com/Data/Products/ATLYS/Atlys_rm_V2.pdf

An on-board mode jumper (JP11) selects between JTAG/USB and ROM programming modes. If JP11 is not loaded, the FPGA will automatically configure itself from the ROM. If JP11 is loaded, the FPGA will remain idle after power-on until configured from the JTAG or Serial programming port.

Also, please make sure you cycle power after loading the Flash, and also be sure that you using the HDMI OUT connector (as Alex showed in the picture he attached).

Please tell us if this solves your problem.

Hi, have you followed the instruction from the reference manual when you program via ROM

An on-board mode jumper (JP11) selects between JTAG/USB and ROM programming modes. If JP11 is not loaded, the FPGA will automatically configure itself from the ROM. If JP11 is loaded, the FPGA will remain idle after power-on until configured from the JTAG or Serial programming port.

Always keep JP12 loaded (either on 3.3V or 2.5V). If JP12 is not loaded, bank 2 of the FPGA is not supplied, and neither are the pull-ups for CCLK, DONE, PROGRAM_B and INIT_B. The FPGA is held in the Reset state, so it is not seen in the JTAG chain, neither can be programmed from the serial FLASH.

Hello Alex and thanks for the answer.

I did everything according to the little documentation I found. JP11 is not loaded, JP 12 is set to 3.3v.

Maybe there is something wrong with the config itself? Which file can I use to reconfigure the board properly (adept - config tab)

So far, I just flashed the board with the demo-file.

I tried 3 different Monitors and even an additional HDMI cable, nothing works. The monitor itself is recognized and shows correctly in the Windows screen settings.   

Yes of course, I am using "DSD-0000292 -  Atlys_Demo_BIST"  from the official site (http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Detail.cfm?NavPath=2,400,836&Prod=ATLYS&CFID=7951760&CFTOKEN=7bb225fb73ec6884-8DE1A443-5056-0201-02A64466FED52065)

In addition to that, I tested the AC-97 sound. When pressing any user-button a sine-wave frequency should be send to line-out, this works!

Archived