Point to multipoint communication by GPS antenna

osama

Question

Hello There,

Im providing a solution based on wireless transmission. That solution is simply about making a wireless network that consists of multiple leds which are separeted from each other.

For that, I found a lot of wireless modules such as cc2530, 433MHZ-PT22(6)(7) decoder/encoder and PmodGPS antenna.

My question is, do those modules have the functionlity of point to multipoint communicatoin. In other words, can one transmitter send its signal to many receivers without facing the problems of interference and other related transmission and reception problems?

8 answers to this question

Hi @osama,

I have not worked with the cc2530. But in general, I would not see why the cc2530 would not be able to have one set as a transmitter and the rest set as receivers. I would suggest to look through the data sheet here to see if there is anything that would affect this. It might be worth reaching out to TI's support since they might have more insight into your question. 

cheers,

Jon

On 11.07.2017 at 1:38 AM, jpeyron said:

Hi @osama,

I have not worked with the cc2530. But in general, I would not see why the cc2530 would not be able to have one set as a transmitter and the rest set as receivers. I would suggest to look through the data sheet here to see if there is anything that would affect this. It might be worth reaching out to TI's support since they might have more insight into your question. 

cheers,

Jon

Thank you for your responce. 

On 13.07.2017 at 3:46 PM, D@n said:

@osama,

Not sure what you are intending to do with the PModGPS, or why you are comparing it with transmitters.  The PModGPS is a GPS receiver only, with no transmitting capability.

Dan

My aim is to make a set of sperated led devices working wirelessly in a synchronization manner. So I wonder if the GPS receiver can do this job, and if it does, how the  synchronization among the devices could be accomplished??

Thank you

33 minutes ago, D@n said:

@osama,

Yes, multiple devices all sharing GPS receivers could work together in a pre-arranged, synchronized manner.  Communication between them would still require another device.

Dan

Does that mean I need only 1 GPS receiver, or do I need 1 for each separet device? and for the communication , the required device  is it acting as a controller that needs a GPS connection?

@osama,

There are pro's and con's associated with each possibility, leading to engineering tradeoffs.  In other words, the answer really depends upon your application.

Look up the engineering documentation for each of your parts (or the ones you are considering), and understand the capability each provides.  That should help you figure out what you need.

If that's not enough, then you may need to purchase some samples and work with them for a while, doing learning exercises if you will, in order to understand what is going on within them.

Dan

8 minutes ago, D@n said:

@osama,

There are pro's and con's associated with each possibility, leading to engineering tradeoffs.  In other words, the answer really depends upon your application.

Look up the engineering documentation for each of your parts (or the ones you are considering), and understand the capability each provides.  That should help you figure out what you need.

If that's not enough, then you may need to purchase some samples and work with them for a while, doing learning exercises if you will, in order to understand what is going on within them.

Dan

Thanks a lot for the info.

Archived