Which board is best for teaching 2nd year Circuits course?

MRaj

Hello, this is my first post.  Starting 06 April I will be teaching an Intro To Circuits course, your basic 2nd year circuits course.  I am planning to use Digilent in that class.  Which board is the best one to use for that purpose?  Explorer seems like the way to go, at least on paper, but I just wanted to get a second opinion.  I also wanted to know if any ancillary materials are needed when purchasing a board, like a parts kit or extra components.

Thanks,

Mohan

Alex, thank you for your response.  Discovery looks like it will be sufficient for our class, and it has student pricing too which is great.  I was really balking at the idea of asking my students to pay $329 for something, unless it is the only option.

I am teaching at Cascadia College in Bothell, Wa.  It is your standard circuits class for ECE majors:  Ohm's law, Kirchhoff's laws, network analysis, Thevenin and Norton equivalents, RC, RL, RLC circuits, Laplace transforms, frequency response, phasors, sinusoidal steady state, AC power.  I like to go a little into diodes and BJTs if possible, but there is not always time for that.

Oh, great!  I knew about the Real Analog and was planning to make good use of it next quarter, but I didn't know about the microelectronics lab manual.  Thank you so much for your advice.  I hope to become a regular poster on here as well; maybe one day I will be able to help out a newbie, as you have done for me.

Mohan

Hi Mraj, thanks. We want to build up a community to help each other so that more people know engineering is fun, not hard and related to everyday life. Then, more and more people learn engineering.

Archived