Zedboard

Shekhar

Question

Hello,

I have purchased a zedboard recently. There was SD card (4 Gb ) in it. Now, I want to install GNURadio on this card and to connect this zedboard with a display screen.

Please, help me out here... 

PS: I need GNURadio to run from SD card on zedboard itself (no other host computer) .

5 answers to this question

Hi @Shekhar

It looks like you put substantial thought in your decision. Its obvious benefit is that you will learn a lot.

Anyway, you will need to install Linux compatible with GNURadio, download GNURadio source code and recompile it on Zedboard. You will also need to find and install video drivers for prefered interface along with the drivers for a keyboard and mouse. You will also need drivers for interfacing RF input stream. I assume that you know Linux applications and FPGA development well, if not you will learn it.

Search internet for similar projects. I doubt that someone has enough time on hands to write a guide for you.

Good luck!

On 7/8/2017 at 4:39 AM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Shekhar,

I am not very experienced with embedded linux. With that said Here is an instructable on installing Petalinux on the zybo or zedboard. Here is a quick start guide for petalinux. Hope these will help you with getting linux on the zedboard.

cheers,

Jon

Hi @jpeyron ,

First of all, thanks for taking out time.

Actually I want to install ubuntu on a SD card (4 GB). Petalinux requires much more space than 4 GB. So, I want to use the processor of zedboard itself (I mean, zedboard itself should work as host for linux environment ; no need of external host pc).

Archived