LWIP TCP server on zedboard crashes

Dd93

Question

Hello,

I have created a TCP server on Xilinx Zynq 7000 Zedboard and TCP client on MATLAB on host computer. Zedboard and the host computer are connected through the Ethernet. The client requests the connection to the server, SYN, SYNACK and ACK packets are delivered successfully and the connection is established. (Packets are monitored on wireshark on the host computer).

Now, If the client keeps sending the data continuously to the server, then server receives the data and process them. BUT the server crashes if I take some time interval in sending the data. For example: If I send data from client to server at time 0, and I take a gap of 60 seconds and then try to send the data from client to server, then by this time the TCP server has crashed and it does not receive data.
If I keep sending data continuously then it does not crash, but if I take some time sending the next data, then TCP crashes.

can anyone suggest where I am going wrong 
I have been looking over the Internet to find solutions but any help/suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks

2 answers to this question

HI @Dd93,

I do not have a lot of experience with the using the LWIP as a TCP server. Unfortunately, we do not have MATLAB so I would not be able to reproduce this issue. I have reached out to my co-workers to see if anyone has more input for you. Here is some documentation about the LWIP if you have not already see this.

thank you,

Jon

Archived