Openscope not installing

Progress!

The Degilent Agent now finds the Openscope!  When I plug the Openscope in it comes up as COM 4.  The Agent reports that the device is connected on COM 4.  The Firmware has been updated by the agent to version 1.37.0. The Openscope has been calibrated and I can get to the Instrument Panel!!!

I did all of this using the de-bug version on the Agent you sent me.  Question...going forward, will I have to continue using the de-bug version or can I go back to the standard version?

Now, give me the weekend to get over the shock and I will have more to report on Monday.

Thanks very much for ALL of the assistance in getting the OpenScope MZ working on my system...You guys are WONDERFUL!!!

Have A Great Weekend!

Tony

Yay! :D

The regular version of the Digilent Agent should work fine. Just kill the debug version and then run the installed version you have.

I'm going to update WFL so that you can set the timeout using the settings page. I'll let you know when that is done. In the mean time, continue using the debug version of WFL that you've been using so you can have the longer timeout.

Thanks,
Dharsan

I've updated http://waveformslive.com to version 1.1.0. You can check the WFL on the bottom of the settings page. If your version isn't 1.1.0, you can use ctrl+f5 to force refresh.

This version adds a Bode plot and also allows you to manually set an HTTP timeout value. You can set it by opening the side menu and going to the Settings Page. From the Settings Page, open the advanced settings and you should see that you currently have the timeout set to 5.000 sec. You should change this value to 60.00 sec and then click set which applies that value. Give that a shot and see if you can connect to your device from http://waveformslive.com. 

Thanks,
Dharsan

Hurrah!  :)

I bumped up the HTTP timeout from 5 sec to 10 sec using WFL 1.1.0 and this has fixed the issue on my Win 10 machine.

the 5 sec timeout must be on the edge of working for some computers for some reason, may be not for performance reasons as my machine is an ASUS Maximus V with an i7 and 16GB of memory so no slouch!

Thanks for the continuous improvements to the WFL app and MZ firmware.

Andrew

In the words of Dr. Victor Frankenstein ..."It's Alive!!!"

All is working!  Thanks very much for all the help in getting the OpenscopeMZ working on my systems...you went WAY above and Beyond the Call!

I have a couple of questions:

1.  Is there a way to get the Digilent Agent to use the updated version of WaveFormsLive (WFL) when working offline? The version it currently uses does not have the ability to change the http Wait Time.

2.  Once the WiFi setup has been accomplished, can the Openscope be powered thought the USB cable but not connected to a computer and still function over WiFi?

Once again, Thank-you for all the help and have Great Success with the OpenScopeMZ!

Tony

I

@arkuk Glad you got it working!

@tsenneville 

1) Yes we'll have to update the Agent's WFL package to a newer version. I'll talk to Sam about getting that done. He's out until tomorrow, but I'll let you know when and how to update the Agent.

2) Yep! Once it's on WiFi, as long as it has power you can talk to it on your network. In WFL, you'll just add it as a network device instead of an Agent device and enter the IP address (which is listed on the Device Configuration Page).

Thanks,
Dharsan

Hey tsenneville,

Once you have Wifi setup you do not need to physically connect the OpenScope MZ to the computer.  You can power the OpenScope MZ using a typical micro USB phone charger, a 5v batter pack with a micro USB connector or basically anything else that provides 5v and 500 mA on the micro USB connector.

Let us know if you have any more questions about this.

-Kristoff

Can you explain how to do that?

When I try to accomplish this, I can get an ip address for the openscope but cannot re-connect to it once I disconnect from USB and connect to an external power supply. I get the Blue LED a moment or two after external power is applied but no indication of WiFi activity.

Greetings!

Not only did I get the Openscope MZ working on ALL of my computers, I managed to get in on my home network and access it from the WaveForms Live app running on my Android tablet!

We are cooking with Gas now!

Thanks again for all of the assistance.  Great Product and works as described.  Who could ask for more?

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey tsenneville,

I just updated the 'offline' WaveForms Live component in the Agent.  You should be able to right click the Agent and choose 'Check for updates' and it should detect and install the update to WaveForms Live 1.1.2.

Let me know if you have any trouble with that.

-Kristoff

Archived