Analog Shield and Serial display

wirelessmike

Question

Hi,

I have an Analog Shield measuring some voltages and need to display to a SparkFun Serial LCD display.

It doesn't seem like the Analog Shield passes through pins 2 and 3 for TX RX as the display works fine on the Uno but will not work when the Analog Shield is connected. Ideas?

Thanks,

Mike 

8 answers to this question

Hi @wirelessmike,

Here is the schematic for the Analog Shield. Unfortunately, Pin 2 and 3 are being used as shown on page 6 with the header P7. These pins are physically connected to an IC. Are these pins physically connected to an IC on the Serial LCD or are they being used only in software. If these pins are being used in software and are not physically connected to an IC on the serial LCD Display then you could potentially alter its library to use other pins. Could you link to the specific Serial LCD Display.

thank you,

Jon

Hi,

Yes, the demo works fine on an Arduino Uno without the Analog Shield attached. There is no display at all if the Analog shield is attached.

I have tried using software serial to redirect to another set of pins but I have not been successful.

Thanks,

Mike 

Hi @wirelessmike,

Are you changing the pins in SparkFunSerialGraphicLCD.cpp above LCD::LCD() line 13:

//initialize an instance of the SoftwareSerial library 
SoftwareSerial serial(2,3);//change these two pin values to whichever pins you wish to use (RX, TX)

change to: 

//initialize an instance of the SoftwareSerial library 
SoftwareSerial serial(4,7);//change these two pin values to whichever pins you wish to use (RX, TX) //in this case connect to pin 7 on the silk of the analog shield

cheers,

Jon

hai

i'm using Analog shield with arduino uno board while compiling one of the example code passthrough demo program in arduino 1.8.3 IDE its compiling and executing perfectly at the same time i complied same coding for intel galileo gen 2 board it shows the following error

Arduino: 1.8.3 (Windows 7), Board: "Intel® Galileo Gen2"

In file included from C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\analogShield-master\examples\passthrough\passthrough.ino:50:0:

C:\Program Files\Arduino\libraries\analogShield-master/analogShield.h:89:10: error: #error "Incorrect processor type selected"

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Intel® Galileo Gen2.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

Plz anyone help me to solve this problem.

Archived