Running XAPP1093 on Zybo

vic

Question

I am trying to run something akin to the Xilinx 1093 profile. I want to have bare-metal apllications on both the ARM A9 and the Microblaze co-processor. In the SDK, I created a Zynq FSBL and three separate simple Hello World application projects, for CPU0, CPU1 and Microblaze. When I debug the application, I download all three of these projects to the FPGA. But I only see a Hello World from Microblaze and CPU1 on the terminal. If I don't download the CPU1 project, then I can see the Microblaze and CPU0 Hello Worlds just fine.

I have attached the tcl script for the block design I used. As far as the application projects, they are the simple auto-generated hello world .c files from the SDK.

What prevents CPU0 from sending Hello World to the terminal when the project for CPU1 is also downloaded?

My end goal is to run either an image processing or an encryption algorithm, that divides tasks between the two cores and Microblaze or the ARM processor in general and Microblaze.

1) Should something change or be added to the block design for this to happen?

2) Is the communication between ARM and MB achieved through functions in the .c files?

design_1.tcl

3 answers to this question

Hi @vic,

I am not experienced with this type of setup. I will not have any helpful input.  I will reach out to my co-workers to see if they will have any input for you. Hopefully some of the more experienced forum members will have some input for you as well.

thank you,

Jon

Archived