Digital I/O and Digital Waveform Generation

Just setting digital I/O points on the new Openscope MZ seems like it is not that useful.  I thought I remembered mention of digital signal generation using these digital I/O points something like the Analog Discovery devices.  Is this a future feature that we will be waiting for?

Hey schreiner,

Digital output is limited to manual control for now.  Pattern generation is a feature we've talked about but we decided not to hold up the 1.0 release for it so we could get feedback from users to help prioritize features like this.  I created a feature request issue on GitHub here.  I encourage you and anyone else that would like this feature to '+1' the issue to help prioritize it. 

I'd also be curious to hear any details about how you and other users would like to use pattern generation so we can keep it in mind if we're able to implement this in a future update.

Thanks!

-Kristoff

• 2 weeks later...

Hey,

The peripheral pins (SPI/UART/I2C) are not currently implemented.  We had the extra peripherals on the PICMZ and had the pins on the fly wire so it made sense to connect them, but we haven't written any firmware for them yet.  We envision using them for protocol generation / analysis down the road but we're focusing on other things at the moment.

I'm sure someone could write firmware to connect a display to the SPI port for example, but I think you'd have trouble processing data buffers and drawing something useful at a decent rate.  

-Kristoff

Archived