Openscope discovery question

Hi all,

Received the open scope yesterday.  Did the following so far:

• Installed the digilent agent
  • Upgraded firmware
  • Calibrated
  • Started up http://waveformslive.com/ 
  • Captured a few wave gen output and did FFT and played with cursors
  • Then captured a digital stream between an ESP8266 and an AM2302 (Temp/Humid sensor)

This is where I have my first question

It's stated in the documentation (not much so far I can find) that we have a logic analyzer.  So I was expecting to do a little bit more than just seeing triggers and the waveform on the screen.

Is there more we can do with the "logic analyzer" than just capturing and seeing a waveform?

Looking at https://sigrok.org/ there's definitely more we can do with a logic analyzer.

Is there a way to use this hardware with sigrok?

Thanks!

2017-06-23_082344.png

Hey SimonFili,

For now the Logic Analyzer in WaveForms Live just displays the digital waveforms.  Protocol analysis is one of many features we'd like to implement but we didn't want to hold up release since it is easy for us to push updates to both WaveForms Live and the OpenScope MZ firmware.  We wanted to get hardware out there so could prioritize features based on customer feedback.

We have not done any work to integrate with Sigrok because we've been focused on WaveForms Live and the OpenScope MZ firmware.   Maybe this is something a community member can take a first shot at.

-Kristoff

I played around with this a little this afternoon.  I was able to pull a CSV exported from WaveForms Live into PulseView and decode the SPI packets.  I need to play around some more with the .sr format to know for sure if we can export that directly from WaveForms Live.  I'll hopefully have some details tomorrow.

-Kristoff

WaveFormsLiveChart (5).png

wlf-to-sigrock.PNG

• 6 months later...
On 6/27/2017 at 6:15 AM, Kristoff said:

I played around with this a little this afternoon.  I was able to pull a CSV exported from WaveForms Live into PulseView and decode the SPI packets.  I need to play around some more with the .sr format to know for sure if we can export that directly from WaveForms Live.  I'll hopefully have some details tomorrow.

-Kristoff

WaveFormsLiveChart (5).png

wlf-to-sigrock.PNG

How exactly did you export the data? I've tried a CSV: I manage to import it into sigrok, but can't get the decoder to work (I'm probably importing it the wrong way: wrong sample rate etc.)

Hey,

The CSV takes a little reformatting.  I removed the header row, deleted the time columns and empty space colums. After that I was able to import with the default settings, and configure it as a SPI channel to decode.  I attached the original CSV exported from WaveForms Live and an example of the CSV formatted for import into PulseView.

Arduino code:

#include <SPI.h>

#define CS 8

void setup() {
  pinMode(CS, OUTPUT);
  //pinMode(11, OUTPUT);
  digitalWrite(CS, HIGH);
  SPI.begin();
  SPI.setClockDivider(SPI_CLOCK_DIV128);
}

void loop() {
  digitalWrite(CS, LOW);  
  SPI.transfer('O');
  SPI.transfer('P');
  SPI.transfer('E');
  SPI.transfer('N');
  SPI.transfer('S');
  SPI.transfer('C');
  SPI.transfer('O');
  SPI.transfer('P');
  SPI.transfer('E');
  SPI.transfer(' ');
  SPI.transfer('M');
  SPI.transfer('Z');
  digitalWrite(CS, HIGH);  
  delay(1000);

}

WaveFormsLiveChart.png

PulsView Decode.PNG

Default import settings.PNG

WaveformsLiveData - Formatted.csv

WaveformsLiveData.csv

• 2 weeks later...

@KristoffI imported it as you said, but I'm having trouble getting the decoder to work: The decoder bar remains blank

PS: Sorry if it's a simple question. It's the first time I'm using Sigrok, so I'm not sure whether I'm using Sigrok wrong, or importing the file wrong. I tried using 

a few .sr dumps I found, and the protocol decoder worked fine then.

Screenshot_1.thumb.png.2c3ee61484da954fc42ef6732b9931c2.png

Using PulseView 0.5.0-git-b732b48 (which I downloaded from the sigrok page at: https://sigrok.org/wiki/Windows#Windows_installers - I used the 'pulseview-NIGHTLY-32bit-static-release-installer.exe'). Reinstalled it to make sure.

I imported "WaveformsLiveData - Formatted.csv" using the default settings (as you did). Then I added the SPI decoder (using the icon > drop down list in the toolbar).

I set the decoder options as you did (except with the chip select set to '-', though the result is the same with it set to Ch0 ).

It decodes the first packet, but nothing after that:

sigrok.thumb.png.957c0c454e7688ce2b546d2abcc38433.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Archived