chaithanya

Unable to boot embedded linux on Zynq Zybo

Question

I am trying to boot embedded linux on Zynq Zybo with reference to this document: http://80.93.56.75/pdf/0/7/6/4/8/07648722.pdf

I have created boot.bin(containing FSBL.elf, my custom hardware bit file and u-boot.elf) devicetree.dtb, uimage and uramdisk.img.gz in ZYBO_BOOT in sdcard as given. When I tried to boot Zybo inserting SD card in the board, nothing shows in the hyperterminal.

Instead of my custom hardware, I have created a boot.bin file from the ZYBO Base System Design (available on the ZYBO product page of the Digilent website). Now it responded but showed the following error in the hyperterminal:

MAC Addr: D8 80 39 5C F9 FC

No valid device tree binary found - please append one to U-Boot binary, use u-boot-dtb.bin or define CONFIG_OF_EMBED. For sandbox, use -d initcall sequence 04062bf8 failed at call 04046944 (err=-1)

ERROR ### Please RESET the board

I think the error is from the u-boot-digilent/lib/fdtdec.c when CONFIG_SPL_BUILD is not defined. But the reason for not defining it is not known!

What would be the reason?

5 answers to this question

Hi @chaithanya,

I am not very experienced in embedded linux. I have reached out to a more experienced engineer to look into this issue. Here is an instructable and Here is a Quick start guide  for installing petalinux that might be helpful.

thank you,

Jon