Nick

Data Collection

Question

After I collect data using the scope, I'm trying to write the script to create an array with such data so that I can further analyze it. However, I noticed that the "Scope1.Channel1.data" (7693 samples) outputs different data from that shown in the table on the Scope tab -> View -> Data (8192 samples). Any recommendations on how to output the data displayed on the oscilloscope?

PS: On the "WaveForms 2015 Reference Manual" it is said that Scope1.Channel1.checked obtains the data array, but this is false since ".checked" returns true or false.

7 answers to this question

Hi @attila

Thank you very much for your response, the .alldata worked!

Quick question, I'm trying to use File("path").read() to read information from a .txt file, I also tried readArray()  but I have not been successful.

This is the code I used:

var y = File("path").read()

print(y)

Thank you!

Hi @Nick

The File.read() is working for me on this file.
The readArray() splits the text by any of the following: comma, space or new line.
You can also read() all the text and split("\n") by new line.

i1.png.748238c9a4dc76f3273a9145c245e49b.png

Hi @attila

Now it does work, the only difference between our codes was that I didn't include the "~/" when writing the path name, once I write it in the program outputs correctly.

Thanks for all your help!

Hi @Nick

The ~ (tilde) is a notation for user home folder.
For paths absolute (C:/temp/myfile.txt) or relative to home should be specified.
When writing files note that Windows does not allow saving to certain folders: C:/, C:/Windows/ ...