Sam Bergami

Zedboard Zynq 7000 XADC Header

Question

Is there a way to just input a voltage and read it through the terminal using the XADC Header on the Zynq 7000 Zedboard? If so can this be done using the VP VN pins?

Edited by Sam Bergami

Hi @nazneen,

I do not see a reason why you would not be able to just get the VN/ VP. Please post a screen shot of your block design and your wrapper and sdk main files.

thank you,

Jon

Hi,

I’m doing a similar project as above and I’m giving 0.2V for AUXP0 and have connected AUXN0 to GND (0v) but the output voltage scales up to 0.8V. Could someone help on this??

@jpeyron sir how did u feed the input to xadc header is it given through this type of signal generator(below is the attachment of signal generator) if not signal generator then  how did u feed the input to xadc header?

signal generator.PNG

thanks @jpeyron  i have a signal generator from which iam going to generate a 1KHZ sine wave signal attached below and wanted to feed  input to vaux0 pin(zedboard xadc header)  since i have 2 knobs in signal generator positive voltage knob  and ground  knob  so i thought to connect vauxp to 0.5v and vauxn to ground knob by using strip wires.one end of the strip wire connected to xadc  header and the other end of the strip wire connected to the signal generator knobs(wires can be rolled in that knob).so could i proceed in this way  as i dont have AMS evaluation card.

if yes here the question arises  since i have only two knobs +Voltage knob and ground knob which i wanted  to give to  vauxp and vauxn then how about AGND and Vref pin do i need to connect it or can it be left open? please do let me know sir

signal-generator-500x500.jpg

xadc instantiation.PNG

Hi @farhanazneen,

I have not used either one of the signal generators you attached on your previous post. On the first page of this post I attached a picture and describe how to connect to the XADC header.

thank you,

Jon

Hi, Guys,

I had the same application runing on a ARTY-Z7-20 board. I would like to confirm that the output we get is only from 0V to 0.999V (It clips outside that range. I thought we would get readings from 0V up to 2.5V.

If it is only up to 1V, why is there a integer portion of the reading and a decimal portion of the reading in the SDK software ?

Thanks

Antonio

Hi @Antonio Fasano,

The 7 Series FPGAs and Zynq-7000 SoC XADC Dual 12-Bit 1 MSPS Analog-to-Digital Converter User Guide describes the input range of 0v to 1v in unipolar mode and -.5v to .5v for bipolar mode for the XADC. You would need to reach out to Xilinx support about their SDK code having an integer and decimal portion.

thank you,

Jon