Arduino and Analog shield: any standard box or case?

Simeon

Question

Hello,

My name is Simeon, I am postdoc at Purdue University. I'd like to use Arduino Uno and the Analog Shield for a quantum optics application. In a general effort to keep the setup organized and protect parts from damage, I enclose all PCB electronics into boxes or cases. So far, I have found all boxes and cases I need at DigiKey. However, for the {Arduino + Analog Shield} assembly, I have failed to find commercially available boxes with the correct dimensions, despite spending two hours looking for it. I called Digilent Customer Service, but they could not help me either. All I need is a metal or plastic box which keeps the two PCBs tight and preferably allows access to the connectors (basically, the Arduino USB and the Analog Shield's DAC ports). Although I could make some holes myself, I don't have the skills and time to design and machine the whole enclosure. Is anyone using a standard pcb box for these components from a common vendor?

Thank you in advance!
Simeon

4 answers to this question

Hello,

Unfortunately you won't find in Digilent exactly what you are looking for. But let's try to find something close to what you are looking for.

Let's consider that:

- Analog shield is longer than Arduino Uno, so let's think on Arduino Mega.

Analog-Shield-on-Arduino-Uno-Digilent.jp

- Analog Shield fits into Arduino Mega dimensions (see attached files), as it is 3.1" long, while Arduino Mega is 4.0 " long  (found on Internet).

Therefore we suggest you to look for a case for Arduino Mega and an (Arduino) Shield, it most probably accommodate your Uno + Analog Shield.

Maybe you can find one to buy, we took a look and only found this 3D model https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:943420.

The power connector and USB connector on Arduino Uno and Arduino Mega are positioned identically on the short edge of the case.

Good luck.

AnalogShieldDimensions.jpg

Arduino-Uno-Mega-Dimensions.png

Archived