External single ended clock by FMC connector in Genesys2

rappysaha

Question

Hello everyone,

I need suggestion about following topic:

1) I want to use an external oscillator 54 MHZ. And I want to take input this clock by FMC connector HA/LA pair (3.3 V) of genesys2 board. Is it will be ok?

2) The fixed oscillator 200 MHZ in Genesys2 is differential. I am producing my master clock for my design by MMCM. How can I have the minimum jitter? 

Any suggestion will be very helpful.

Thank you

Rappy Saha

6 answers to this question

Hi @rappysaha,

For the FMC you should be using the pins labeled FMC_CLK0 or FMC_CLK1... these pins were designed for clock input from the mezzanine to the board. I have reached out to my co-workers to see if they have any input on your second question. Have you looked into the clocking wizard?

cheers,

Jon 

Hi @jpeyron,

Thank you for your information. 

But, I have already fixed the clock pin H38(LA32_N) in my mezzanine board. I don't know how it will affect the clock. Any comment will be helpful.

And I am also using the clock wizard IP and I am using  "minimized jitter" option in Clock wizard IP. Is it the only way?

Thank you

Rappy Saha 

Hi @rappysaha,

Depending on what you are doing with the signal on H38(LA32_N) you might have issues with the logic in the FPGA. If that becomes the case then I would suggest to use any of the pins that connect to SRCC or MRCC on the FPGA. I am not familiar with any other way to reduce the jitter. I will ask my co-workers to look at this and see if they have anything else they can input

thank you,

Jon

Archived