Xilinx Platform Studio

Andy Bradley

Question

4 answers to this question

Hi @Andy Bradley,

I do not see a license for XPS in what comes with the Anvyl. Are you sure the ISE webpack for 14.7 does not cover this as well? I do not have much experience with XPS so I have reached out to an engineer that will be able to give you the best response to your licensing question. Unfortunately, they will not be available until next week so I will not be able to get a clearer answer for you until then.

thank you for your patience,

Jon

Yea the xilinx web site says that and I've seen this before.  We bought 2 Avnett microboards and we had to get vouchers from them.  XPS is not active in my licence manager on this machine but it is on the one we use with the microboard.  This licencing is a pain.
Thanks

@Andy Bradley,

Ever thought about doing your entire design from within Verilog, and abandoning the XPS?  Here's an example design for a Spartan 6/LX4 written entirely in Verilog, to include the ZipCPU and the logic scope within it.  Here's another project that may even become the open source friends replacement for the capabilities XPS offers--all available under GPLv3 with no further license required.

Dan

Archived