Analog Discovery: Other Firmware Capabilities?

tsmoore

Question

I dug into the Device/Manager section of WaveForms that shows a list of available firmware capability configurations.  I was wondering if there are additional configurations that are available?  I currently have four of them. 

What I was specifically looking for is a configuration supporting more logic analyzer memory depth.  For example, the capability with 16ch @ 16K samples also supports the signal generator.  Is there possiblly a configuration that is geared only to the logic analyzer that could possibly use the 16K assigned to signal generator?  Or possibly an option for 8ch with more memory?  I am not sure if these are technically feasible but since the Analog Discovery is based on an FPGA I was hoping it could be done.  An increased buffer depth would be great!  Thanks for the time and help.

3 answers to this question

In software and HDL almost everything is possible, it is just question of implementation time :)

We will try to add a new configuration for a following software version with more logic analyzer device buffer.

See the following post on how to "double" the buffer size by disabling the logic analyzer noise detection:

In WaveForms-3 (currently under development) it is possible to stream acquire up to 1M samples at about 1-2Msps.

Thank you for your observation.

Thanks for the feedback.  I was already aware of the noise setting as well as the streaming option of WaveForms 3.  It is always great to have larger buffer support.  Would love to see and test new configurations!

When/If a new configuration is available, how is that made available?  Waveforms update? Or by some other means?

Archived