zybo factory settings

yohboy

Question

Hi,

I had a problem yesterday with my zybo, I'm unable to load bitstream and boot linux on it. It was working very well. As I was not sure the problem was hardware, I took a new zybo and try to load bitstream and boot on linux. It is working.

So I don't know what's the problem with my old zybo.

Do you know what could be the cause ?

This is the error when I try to boot:

U-Boot SPL 2016.03 (May 04 2017 - 11:40:33)                                                         
mmc boot                                                                                            
Trying to boot from MMC                                                                             
reading bitstream                                                                                   
reading bitstream                                                                                   
spl: fail to load bitstream, err - -1                                                               
spl: retry fpga_load                                                                                
fpga_load: Null buffer.                                                                             
reading system.dtb                                                                                  
spl_load_image_fat_os: error reading image system.dtb, err - -1                                     
reading u-boot-dtb.img                                                                              
reading u-boot-dtb.img                                                                              
### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ### 

Since the bitstream fail to load, it is normal that the sequence fails.

Maybe I can recover some factory settings on the zybo to erase some mistake in memory ?

regards,

Yohan

2 answers to this question

Hi Ciprian,

I'm booting from SD, and load all the files to boot on ramdisk.

So i'm not sure QSPI will be the problem, am I right ?

Here the uenv.txt I use to boot :

uenvcmd=set serverip 192.168.5.10 && set ipaddr 192.168.5.15 && tftpboot 0x2000000 uImage&& tftpboot 0x3000000 core-image-minimal-zybo-gateway.rootfs.cpio.gz.u-boot && tftpboot 0x2A00000 system.dtb && bootm 0x2000000 0x3000000 0x2A00000

But the problem seems to be before, when the spl try to load the bitstream from SD.

regards,

Yohan

Archived