IDS on zedboard

mihai5

Question

Hi everyone,

I want to implement an intrustion detection system on zedboard.

I want to use PL for string matching and PS to handle the interrupts on possitive detection.

Being a beginner in this area(FPGA + networking) I would like to know if this is possible and any informations or any type of instructions or steps that can help me is tremendously appreciated.

9 answers to this question

Hi @mihai5,

This is a very interesting but advanced project. I found a paper here that sound like they were able to accomplish this. I would work up to this project. I would start with demos/tutorials that handle Ethernet, interrupts and handling strings separately first. Here are some different zedboard projects that might be helpful. Here is the resource page for the Zedboard. It looks like there could be some benefit to using embedded Linux. Here is an Instructable for installing Petalinux on either the zedboard or zybo. I believe you should be able to use this tutorial for the zybo for the zedboard.

cheers,

Jon 

HI @mihai5,

I know we typically promote Petalinux because it can abstract some of the more complicated processes involved in setting up and configuration. I have reached out to the engineer that will be able to give you the best response to your question of xililinux vs petalinux. I will be next week before they will be able to respond.

cheers,

Jon

Hi @yassin,

Welcome to the forums. Since this is still an active thread could you make a new post for your question so that this thread does not get confusing. Also with your new post could you clarify your question. I'm not 100% sure what you are asking. Are you wanting information of how to build the sdk for petalinux on windows 7? 

cheers,

Jon

Hi @yassin

i moved your thread to the embedded linux sub-section of FPGA's so that you would get more embedded linux forum members looking at your questions. I have already reached out to our embedded linux engineer to look at your forum question as well. Please use the thread here for further posts.

thank you,

Jon

@mihai5,

Sometimes it helps to actually name someone within the system.  That'll send them an e-mail and an alert that there's something in a given conversation they want to know about.  To do this, type an @ followed by the persons screen name.  As  you do so, a menu should come up.  Select the persons name that you want to alert from the menu, and their name will be highlighted (like yours above). 

Since you want to get @jpeyron to notice a forgotten post, tagging him in this manner helps.

As a guess, I'm thinking he might be trying to let @sbobrowicz know about your post but .... I'm only guessing at the internal structure of Digilent's operations.  ;)

Dan

Archived