configure Vivado for Nexys4 DDR

ntm

Question

I'm getting started with a Nexys4DDR board.  Havn't used Vivado before - have used ISE for a while.

In the Nexys 4 DDR documentation, the Xilinx FPGA is specified as (Xilinx part number XC7A100T-1CSG324C).

When I create a new design in Vivado, the part number above doesn't match the available options.  I read somewhere that the speed grade of the device is -3, and the number of flip-flops (DIgilent says 15.8k logic slices*8 flip-flops = 126k flip-flops) seems to match the xc7a100tcsg324-3 device, which has 126800 flip-flops and 240 dsp slices.  

I don't really like "guess and compile" but that's where I'm at right now. Does Digilent have documentation that specifies exactly which board-config I should be using?

thanks, ntm

1 answer to this question

Hi @ntm

The easiest thing to do is to install the board files and you'll choose from the list of board and not deal with the FPGA. You have here a tutorial depending on the Vivado version you are using: https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/software/tutorials/vivado-board-files/start

If you really want to introduce the FPGA every single time, the code for Nexys4-DDR is XC7A100T-1CSG324C and it can be listed in Vivado. At least I can find it in 2015.4. See picture attached.

Best regards,

Bianca

Capture.JPG

Archived