Displayport On Genesys2 OOB vivado 2015.4 does not work

marco_pavesi

Question

Please let me apologize, but I'm back with this issue.

I downloaded the original Vivado 2015.4 OOB project, located in "Github as the Projects/user_demo directory of this repo", as gently explained by Artvb

I follow the instructions, generate the project from tcl using Vivado 2015.4, and I achieved a complete Vivado 2015.4 project.

Then I exported the HDF and create a local SDK15.4 project.

Compiled, fine. then I downloaded to the Genesys2.... this time too the Displayport does not work (all the remaining are ok).

You can imagine, I' quite disappointed.

Or I'm applying every time the same mistake in the preparation of the design, or there is something else.

Now, I checked possible differences between my recompiled design and what is available from GIT 

I recompiled an SDK 2015.4 application "G2demo" from scratch, and then i compared with downloaded files from git

I noted that, while the "downloaded_system.hdf" file available in GIT sizes 1.441 Kbyte, the one regenerated by compilation spans 1535 Kbyte,

That is rather strange.

.lnk and .mss generated from them are exactly the same in both cases.

So, I'm currently blocked, Any suggestion may be of help.

3 answers to this question

@marco_pavesi

One of our more experienced engineers will be looking into the issues you have brought up with Genesys 2's OOB project for both Vivado 2015.4 and 2016.4 as soon as they are able. Unfortunately, I can't be more specific.  All extra information is appreciated.

Thank you for your patience,

Jon

In the meantime, on sunday, I took the Xapp 1178 (displayport-reference-design), requiring a KC705 board and an Inrevium FMC module, and I ported to Genesys2.

I succeeded, it works perfectly at 4K 30 and 60 Frames per second.

Still, I'm interested to understand the reason why the OOB does not work.

Marco.

On 5/9/2017 at 3:33 AM, marco_pavesi said:

In the meantime, on sunday, I took the Xapp 1178 (displayport-reference-design), requiring a KC705 board and an Inrevium FMC module, and I ported to Genesys2.

I succeeded, it works perfectly at 4K 30 and 60 Frames per second.

Still, I'm interested to understand the reason why the OOB does not work.

Marco.

Hello Marco,

I have been having many issues trying to get display port to work on the genesys2 board. I would much appreciate it if you could perhaps link your project or any pointers you may have would be absolutely fantastic. Thank you!

Archived