Analog Discovery 2 waveform generator

catfish

Question

I'm new to the AD2 and I have a question about the wavegen generator

Can I generate a single pulse output with the AD2 with a variable pulse width? I'm trying to use the square wave out and set it for 1 cycle so I can use the Symmetry slider to be able to select the time (width) for the positive portion of the pulse. I then set the offset to cancel so I'm left with only a positive voltage pulse. The problem is that it appears inverted on an actual scope versus what the Waveforms SW shows graphically for the signal I'm trying to generate.

I would like 0 volts out, until I manually trigger a positive pulse (variable width) and then return to 0 volts again. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

6 answers to this question

Attila,

Your suggestion works well, thanks.

Shouldn't I be able to perform the same settings in the BASIC section as well? That's where I started and it responds very different than what I expect.

Thanks,

Catfish

Can anyone tell me if I should expect the same output from the Discovery 2 for similar settings with Basic and Simple? I believe I have configured them the same but get very different outputs.

Thanks

OK, I think I understand now. If the displayed waveform on the screen is high at the leading edge, the output will start and end in the high state. If the phase is shifted so the graphic example of the signal is low, then the outputs will idle low after completion of the signal. By doing this the Basic and Simple outputs can be made to match, just watch what the initial and final signal levels are on screen.

Archived