Genesys2 original 2015.4 vivado project

marco_pavesi

Question

4 answers to this question

Thanks, I will try.

Sorry for the question, but you have checked the DP for the 2016.4 distribution of OOB design?

a couple of informations on my work, could be useful

1) using SDK project under SDK 2015.4 the mouse works (USB + Overlay). Using SDK project under  SDK 2016.4, with updated BSP, the Overlay works but the mouse not

2) The two Vivado 2016.4 available on your site (GIT and ZIP) behave the same, from HW point of view (there was only a few difference in QDSP clock generator), Generating upgraded SDK 2016.4 project or building "original" SDK 2015.4 projects, and trying all possible combinations, nothing change: DP seems correctly trained and configured, but the monitor does not shows the picture. It seems as input data and sync are not delivered to displayport 7.0 

3) Attempt to add ILA on vivado 2016.4 design. There is absolutely to change the synthesis option "-flatten_hierarchy" from "none" to "rebuild" otherwinse Vivado fails in bad manner "An unexpected error has occurred". 6 hours spent to understand.

4) attached you will find the IP_status report. May you check the correctness? I rebuild the Block diagram using the TCL available in distribution.

Thanks in advance, Marco.

OOB_ip_status.png

Hi Arthur

By the way, in Genesys 2, removing power supply BUT keeping DP inserted (in TX connector) the board remains partially supplied.

It seems does not generate troubles, deinserting the cable the board go quiet without problems, but it is better to know.

Archived