Arty Vivado Design Edition

lekgolo167

Question

The arty comes with a one year Vivado Design Edition, when that subscription ends and I'm forced to switch to the Vivado Web Pack Edition, what features/tools will I lose? Also, will it greatly impact my ability to design stuff (on a hobbyist/learning level) or would I hardly notice they are gone? I think the C code is only included in the one year license, correct? 

5 answers to this question

I'm new to Vivado (2016.1) too.  Having some experience with ISE, I ported my VGA controller but can't get it past implementation. The error says I am missing LOCs for 14 out of 16 ports. I used the XDC file supplied by Digilent.  Is there another?

Hello @zrez,

No, this is the one but did you un-comment the lines for the ports you used? Also, please make sure that the names in the program match the name from the XDC. Vivado is not case sensitive but the XDC is. Make sure you have everything in place.

Best regards,

Bianca

Hi Bianca,

I did the clock, reset, hsync, vsync, red<0-3>, green<0-3>, blue<0-3>!?!  just a guess the clock and reset are probably the two that worked (14 out of 16 not correct).

Sincerely,

Greg

Archived