Analog Discovery2 and Matlab, Analog input channel increment

sychu

Question

Dear,

Hello, I've considered using Analog Discovery for 100MHz ( >20MHz) ADC.

I have some questions about it.

I found some discussion that Matlab does not provide connection to Analog Discovery 2. 

Have you ever used Matlab  Data Acquisition Toolbox to connect Analog Discovery 2?

I wonder if the data acquisition toolbox only support Analog Discovery (old version).

I have one more question. 

I'd like to measure 4 channels simultaneously. Can I use two Analog Discovery modules simultaneously? and is it able to run two S/W to handle two Analog Discovery modules at the same time?

I appreciate if you give some idea for 4 ch. measurements using Analog Discovery.

5 answers to this question

Hi @sychu,

Here is a blog post that explains the situation with the AD2 and Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox. With your second question, you can have two AD2's going with two different Waveforms 2015 up and running. You can use scripts with triggers to have one AD2 trigger the other ad2 to start. 

cheers,

Jon

Thank you for your response.

I checked the blog post you mentioned. I wonder if the situation means that the connection between AD2 and Matlab Data Acquisition Toolbox is in progress.

Could you give me some rough plan or when can I expect to use Matlab for AD2?

Best regards,

Sung.

Thank you for your response.

It means that I should use AD for using Matlab together.

Do you have AD in stock?

I'm just wondering it has already been depleted.

For using two AD2,

Should I consider time synchronization when I use two AD2 (or AD) at the same time?

Or will it automatically generate same time sequence?

Thank you.

Sung.

Hi @sychu,

The AD I believe is available currently here for a limited time(I don't know time frame for limited). If you need signals to change at the exact time you can input delays. Here is the Waveforms 2015 reference manual. Here is the Waveforms SDK reference manual.  Here is the Digilent Analog Discovery Support from MATLAB webpage.

cheers,

Jon

Archived