Arduino DAC shield

yang

Question

Hi I am using the DAC shield to generate a wave form, However I would also like to use the arduino physical interrupt function. My question is that since the UNO has a limit pin number that can do the physcial interrupt, and it seems that the pins are also occupied by the shield I am wondering whether this shield is compatible with arduino mega?

Thanks!!!!

7 answers to this question

Thanks for you response, then my question is, will i possible still use the interrupt function on the UNO with the shield together? If I can how can I do it ? if not do you have any other suggestion?

Hi @yang,

So to confirm you are using the Arduino uno and the Analog shield correct? If so then looking at the pins on the analog shield schematic here headers P6 and P8 are passthroughs and on header P7  pin 3,4,6,7 are used. So it depends on which interrupt pin you are using on the Arduino uno looking at the pin mapping here. It looks like PCINT0, PCINT1, PCINT2 on the Arduino uno are open and usable on the analogshield.

cheers,

Jon

Hi @yang,

Sorry for the later response I was ill yesterday. I have not worked much with the Arduino UNO specifically. I did more research and unfortunately the digital pin 2 and 3 are being used by the Analogshield. I do believe you can use the PinChangeInt Library discussed here to allow you to use different pins as interrupts. Here is example code using pin 15 in this case.

cheers,

Jon

Archived