LabVIEW Sweep VI for AD2

malocascio

Question

Hi all,

I have an Analog Discovery 2 that I need to use as a function generator. I need to do a frequency sweep in 10 ms. When I control the device in the Waveforms software, it works fine. However, there is no VI in the LabVIEW toolkit for generating a sweep. The example code simply loops while changing the output frequency, which will not work for such a short duration sweep.

Is there any documentation on the underlying libraries for Waveforms? The LabVIEW drivers are just wrappers around a DLL, so I'm hoping I can access whatever function is exposed by the DLL for setting up the sweep.

Please let me know. Thanks!

2 answers to this question

Thanks, @jpeyron! I didn't realize the Waveforms software came with a full SDK.

If anyone else is looking to do this, the SDK includes documentation as well as the C header file. You can use LabVIEW's Shared Library Import Wizard (Tools -> Import -> Shared Library) to auto-generate an lvlib containing wrappers for all exported functions in the library. Then you can simply follow the example C++ program (C:\Program Files (x86)\Digilent\WaveFormsSDK\samples\c\analogout_sweep.cpp) to see how to set up a sweep.

Thanks!

Archived