Nexys Video "There is no current hw_target"

greenhorn

Question

Hi,

after i reprogrammed the Spansion s25fl256xxxxxx0 Flash, the Vivado Hardware Manager can't find any Hardware target any more.

> open_hw_target
> ERROR: [Labtoolstcl 44-469] There is no current hw_target.

how can I restore to default settings ?

Best regards,

Dieter

7 answers to this question

@greenhorn,

Try setting jumper JP4 to JTAG, powering off your board and powering it back on again, and then trying.  While this may not be your problem, it will eliminate at least one possibility.  In particular, it will eliminate the possibility that anything you did to your flash was the cause.  (I tend to think it isn't, but .... let's try anyway.)

Dan

@greenhorn,

So to make sure I understand:

1. You were able to talk to the board using this computer and power cable and USB cable before
  2. You programmed the flash
  3. It stopped working ... same computer/powercable/USB cable
  4. You powered down your board, set the configuration jumper to JTAG
  5. Powered back up and it still doesn't work

If that's all the case, then this isn't a problem with your flash, and setting it back to the defaults won't make a difference.  (We can do that later ...)

My guess is that some of your supporting hardware has gone bad.  Can you try this with a different USB cable?  Are your USB cables all plugged in solidly?  Is the RED LED next to the power cable lighting up to indicate that the power is good on the board?  Are you connecting to the board via one USB cable or two?  If one, are you sure it's plugged into the right port?

Dan

Hallo Dan,

yes it is. It wont work.

The Board start my design from the Flash. It is a 3 Phase Sinusoidal PWM Generator, so I can measuring it on Jumper JA.

I have programmed the Flash from Vivado Hardware Manager, by adding the  Flash as new target. The mcs-File was produced from the bit-file before.

The Jumper J4 was on QSPI. I used only one  USB-Cable on PROG-Port (J12).

Is there a Firmware that may be accidentally erased?

Hi @greenhorn,

Does the power led below the on/off switch light up red when on(picture attached below)? Does the tx/rx leds by the USB uart blink for a second as well as the busy led? Are you able to see the Nexys Video in the device manager(screen shot below)? Please take a screen shot of what you see in the device manager.

cheers,

Jon 

20170420_151503.jpg

Nexys_Video_flash_esc.jpg

Archived