samikhan0105

Red Light Keep on glowing

Question

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to accessing the Switch of my zybo and generating the string of character if the switch changes, everything is going  fine and well compiled. But when i plug in my zybo there is a red LED that keeps on glowing I dont know what problem is this. THe Project is programmed in Zybo but its not running.

Can anyone please help why its keep on glowing. Before some days it was not glowing.

Regards,

Sami

17968370_757192984450761_215559688_o.jpg

6 answers to this question

Hi @samikhan0105,

I have attached a picture of my Zybo after I loaded a bitstream to the board. PGOOD(red led) should be on at all times the board is on. Load Done(green led) should be on when you program the board.  Your board looks to be working correctly. Does you project use SDK? Is there any errors? Have you tried to test the board by doing the basic getting started with zynq tutorial here.  Another project you could use to test that I recently used and is completed I have attached. It is a VGA project done in Vivado 2016.4 that you program from the hardware manager. Could you attach you project?

cheers,

Jon

20170417_114911.jpg

ZyBo_VGA.zip

Edited by jpeyron

Hi @samikhan0105,

Glad to hear it programmed. If you have a vga cable and a monitor that takes vga input then connect the zybo to that monitor using the vga cable, set the monitor to get input from the vga and you should be able to see a cool design!

cheers,

Jon

Edited by jpeyron

Hi @vishav,

Please attach the block design you are trying to program. If you have not altered the qspi on the Zybo  then you should be able to select qspi in the mode jumper jp5  and use a serial terminal like tera term (remember baud rate needs to be set to 115200) to see a basic linux platform load on the zybo as well as interact with the linux os through the serial terminal. What os are you using on your pc?

cheers,

Jon