PMODIA:Impedance Analyzer-Platform Support for C++ Example code

LenA

Question

7 answers to this question

Hi @LenA,

I have been working on getting the Library to work in the Arduino IDE without success as of yet. I am still working on this. I attached a library on your other thread that compiles in MPIDE without an issue. You can use any of the Chipkit boards that are programmable in MPIDE (which is free). I linked the website to download it from on the other thread as well.

cheers,

Jon

1 hour ago, jpeyron said:

Hi @LenA,

Here is the resource page for the PmodIA which has C++ code written for MPIDE as a library/demo. It also has as a link to a Zedboard demo as well. I haven't as of yet been able to compile the code in the Arduino environment.I have attached a non-working library that with show up in the Arduino environment but still has error to be fixed. I am still working to try to get this working in arduino but it might be some time.

cheers,

Jon

PmodIA.zip

Thank you so much  !!

Is is better to use MPLAB since I read that MPIDE does not support debugging?

Once last thing:
I am incorporating this into an existing C project.and will need to convert form C++ to C

Any chance that you have a C version of this example?

Thanks again

My personnel do not know C++ and we have to deal with Legacy..

we are late on the project and need to find the fastest way to implement the solution. That is why I bought the board in the first place because I actually have working hardware that was tested on analog devices LABVIEW code example.

thanks for your suggestion though.

@LenA,

C++ is a superset of C.  Therefore, any C project should compile together with a C++ project.  The only trick is that if you are calling functions built with a C compiler, such as any external C libraries or object files, you'll want to enclose the declarations of those libraries in extern "C" { ... } brackets.  After that, I think your personnel should now know all they need to build their legacy with a C++ project.  It really is that easy.

Now understanding the C++ extensions ... that's something else and it's not necessarily so easy.  :D

Dan

Hi @LenA,

Unfortunately, the only code we have for the PmodIA is what we have linked you(nothing in C). It is made for the MPIDE environment. It might require some library and function call changes to get it working in MPLABX but you will have a debugger. Using serial prints/lighting up led or using an o-scope between the pmods and the boards are the main way that I trouble shoot in the MPIDE/Arduino styled environment.

cheers,

Jon 

Archived