Received OpenScope MZ - now what

I powered it on and waited 20 minutes for it to appear in WiFi networks before I gave up and read and then signed up to ask on this forum...

What is expected for me to see/do to connect to the scope?

THanks 

Hey fmotta,

I moved your thread to the OpenScope and WaveForms Live specific sub forum.

You can find the getting started instructions in work here: https://reference.digilentinc.com/reference/instrumentation/openscope-mz/getting-started

Wifi setup instructions are here.

Let us know if you have questions or feedback.  We'll be adding and updating documentation based on feedback from our lead users.

Thanks!

-Kristoff

Received the OpenScope MZ last week. Plugged it in to USB port, get a blue flashing LED. Installed Waveforms Live & try to use agent to connect but never finds anything.

USB connected devices show a Digilent Openscope, but nothing ever shows up on Bluetooth.

The Openscope MZ Reference Manual web page just shows a bunch of photos - not really helpful to see what leds should be, what the buttons are for. Is the MZ pre-programmed ?

All in all, really a thin user experience. Nice looking board, but  at the moment is just a flashing paperweight,

Hey Selectech,

We're still wrapping up our 1.0 features on the OpenScope and WaveForms live so documentation has not been prioritized yet but will be completed before we release the product.  I encourage all of our pre-release backers like yourself to start with our Getting Started Guide and ask any questions in this subforum and we'll be happy to point you in the right direction.

The OpenScope MZ does not have a bluetooth radio, but does have Wifi.

All the hacker edition OpenScopes were flashed with firmware before they left Digilent.  The Getting Started Guide includes instructions for updating the firmware.

The blue light will start flashing once the OpenScope has booted and the instruments are ready.  It will continue to flash while the device is not connected to a wifi network and will turn solid blue once the device is connected to wifi.

I updated the OpenScope MZ reference manual to include a note to indicate that the page will be created once hardware and firmware are feature complete.

Please let us know if you have any more questions.

Thanks!

-Kristoff

• 1 month later...

I got Openscope and downloaded the Digilent Agent. The getting started instructions state that the next step is connecting it to the computer via USB and blue lights come on/flash. But when I plug in the Openscope it just flashes two red lights twice and a few seconds later flashes one then stays dark. Waveforms live might as well be a picture because I can't click on anything in it. I figure the device isn't being read but I'm not sure what to do to fix this so that the lights go blue. The reset micro button had no effect. What should I do?

For the LEDs, it sounds like you're probably just on old firmware! As or WaveForms Live (WFL), what OS and browser are you using? We recommend Chrome, but it should work with Safari, and Firefox. Follow the instructions to add an agent to WFL and then upload the latest firmware. Here's a link to the getting started. If you're still having issues with WaveForms Live, I'll be happy to troubleshoot it with you.

-Dharsan.

Archived