Current Measurement with Electronics Exloorer Boards and Pomod ISNS20

corina

Question

3 answers to this question

Hi @corina,

If your goal is getting current and not so much needing to use the PmodISNS20 then Here is a thread talking about using a math function with the Analog Discovery 2(can be used with the EE board) to get current. Otherwise Here is the resource page for the PmodISNS20 which has the Digilent Pmod™ Interface Specification document here. I would suggest to look at the datasheets for the IC's  here and here for usage. In this case page 3 on the datasheet for the ADCS7476AIMF/NOPB has some information about the usage for SPI communications attached below. It states that the Digital clock input has a range of frequencies for input at 10 kHz to 20 MHz, with ensured performance at 20 MHz. This clock directly controls the conversion and readout processes. As well as the CS conversion process begins on the falling edge of CS. While using Waveforms you should be able to zero in the frequency you should be using for the CS.  

cheers,

Jon

Edit: On page 9-11 on the datasheet for the ADCS7476AIMF/NOPB has the timing requirements as well as 3 timing diagrams for the CS.  

PmodISNS20.jpg

Hi

I'm also planning to use the pmos ISNS20 for a project. I want to interface it with nexys4ddr board. The pmod isns20 has 2 interfaces: input : hall effect sensor's input terminals IP+ and IP-; output: ADC's output terminals: SDO; I'm familiar with the usage of the output interface with the nexys4 ddr using the SPI protocol. However, I'm not familiar with the input interface. I want to know if a sense resistor has to be used across the IP+ and IP- terminals? If so, what would be the equation of current? If no sense resistor is used, how to connect the terminals IP+ and IP- to the circuit? And again what is the equation of current being measured? 

I have seen the datasheets for both adc and hall effect sensor. Did not find any info on how to connect the IP+ and IP- terminals.

Archived