Basys3 Not recognized by Hardware manager

williams4564

Question

When I try to program my board after I generated the .bit/.bin files, i get the following error

[Labtoolstcl 44-26] No hardware targets exist on the server [TCP:localhost:3121]
Check to make sure the cable targets connected to this machine are properly connected
and powered up, then use the disconnect_hw_server and connect_hw_server commands
to re-register the hardware targets.
it says no hardware exists on the server, even though my board is plugged in with the mode jumper in the JTAG position. I also tried reinstalling Vivado to make sure the cable drivers were installed.

5 answers to this question

The last message I sent him was suggesting this:

Here are the some things we can think of, sorry if they seem obvious:
- be sure that JP2 is set to USB
- be sure that power switch is set to ON
- Finally: be sure your board is powered. You should see power led on.

- do not use an USB hub
- do not use USB connectors on the front panel, if you have a desktop PC
- please use another USB port
- please wait some minutes, until Windows eventually installs some device drivers
- if possible, try to use the board on another computer and try to notice some device manager recognition.

Then, I got no answer, so it is possible that the problem is solved. 

I have a similar problem.  I have 3 Basys3 boards, and the all act the same.  I connect a USB cable from the back panel of my desktop computer (Asus, Intel Core i7-2600 P8Z68 chipset.  I cannot find a driver for the board.  I have Adept installed, as well as Vivado.  Device manager shows the yellow (!) mark next to "Digilent USB Device", and in the properties for that device, it says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)".  The board powered up, and is running the demo.

To be able to use it for now, I have a laptop networked with my desktop that I use with Adept to download designs to the Basys3.  A bit of a pain, but at least I can load the board for now.  Also, that means that the Basys3 boards are probably OK.

I checked all the FTDI device drivers, comparing the files that are on the laptop with the desktop, and both computers seem to have all the same drivers.  Do you know which drivers the Basys3 board uses?  Is it the normal FTDI files?

I also have other FT2232 devices that I use regularly, and they all work fine.

Any ideas?

Archived