Connector components

Jon Frey

Question

I am wanting to custom build interface connector to replace standard flywire setup

Want to limit number of wires and do some twisted pair and shielded longer input wires

Want to find mating keyed 30pin connector and crimp inserts, dont want to use individual wire connectors or splice , want to use key to ensure pinout and avoid splices

I have seen assorted kits  of Dupont 2.54 mm connectors available but the correct keyed plug to connect to the AD2 is critical.

It is usually not good idea to try to repin these so looking to do a clean build, not modify Digilent flywires

The new Digital HS adapter plug wont do the job for analog.

It would be good if Digilent offered wiring kit with assorted pin count connectors , pins and tool

3 answers to this question

Hi @Jon Frey,

That looks like it would fit nicely. My only concern is that it also looks like it is just the housing without any built-in wires/pins, but I'm not sure if that was intentional on your part or not. I did a little bit of research and came up with a Mouser list of the header versions of these that do have built-in pins in case that was actually what you were looking for (link to Mouser search).

Thanks,
JColvin

Thanks for confirming this connector.

Your items are  an  option, but I will go with the one I found and associated crimp pinsOnce I can pick the proper ones , OEM data sheet doesn't provide part numbers for the mating sockets

Also have to find non brand crimp tool Amphenol wants $1 -2 Thousand for official tools

Archived