LabView Home Version

Jon Frey

Question

I have purchased and installed Labview home from Digilent

During the install it asked for multiple serial numbers , only one was provided in the download email and that serial didn't work for several of the elements

I was expecting Signal Express to be included in the package , but don't see it

I had intended to use the pre written DAQ functions in Signal Express instead of starting from scratch.

Should the Signal Express be included in the Home version?

2 answers to this question

Hi @Jon Frey,

Signal Express is not included with LabVIEW Home Edition; the features that do come with LabVIEW Home (as per this page) are the LabVIEW Full Development System, the LabVIEW Control Design and Simulation Module, the LabVIEW MathScript RT Module, and the LabVIEW Application Builder Module. 

The LabVIEW Database Connectivity Toolkit and the Report Generation Toolkit for Microsoft Office are also not part of LabVIEW Home, even though they are included in the download for it (though I have no idea why they are in the download), which is why the serial number didn't work for some of the elements in the download.

LabVIEW does have a ton of examples in the LabVIEW Example Finder (available under Help>Find Examples, in case you weren't already aware of it), so you wouldn't have to start completely from scratch.

Thanks,
JColvin

Thank you again

Labview site is not very informative on the home version..

Huge learning curve for Labview in any case

I will generally use Waveforms , which is very nicely done and useable out of the gate.

I do have older recycled NI DAQ card and will be using it in conjunction with AD2.

One instrument for signal generation/excitation and  second for response recording

Looks like it will work , I can find and load both the instruments in one Labview VI.

Down the line may be able to use linked AD2"s to do the whole job.

Archived