Can't open basic demo for Basys3

FlippedBit

Question

Whenever I attempt to open the project called Basys3 General I/O Demo in Vivado 2014.4, I get the following error message:

ERROR: [Common 17-48] File not found: C:/testruns/basys3_man_test/basys3_basic_demo/basys3_basic_demo.ioplanning/constrs_1/designprops.xml

As far as I can tell, there is no "testruns" directory off the root of my C: drive, let alone a designprops.xml file buried several directories deep.  Any idea what's going wrong here?

4 answers to this question

I just want to make sure that this happens when you try to open the project and not when you synthesize and then try to implement it. If that's not the case, did you include the XDC Constraints file in your project? It looks to me that you forgot to add the file to your project.

Also, I don't know if you're running Vivado on Windows 8 or above. Vivado is currently having compatibility issues with Windows 8 and 8.1.

FlippedBit,

I downloaded and tried to open the project with the same result as you did, so I've escalated the issue to see if I can get that project fixed. 

In the mean time though, you can open a new project, target the Basys 3 board, add all the files from the original project in sources and constraints and go through the steps of creating the bitfile. 

I'm sorry for the confusion.

Kaitlyn

Archived