missing include files xgpio.h

egnanam

Question

Hi I am trying out the tutorial 1C on LED test  from Zynq book tutorials with Vivado  SDK 2015.4 and I get missing include files xgpio.h. I rather see only an xgpiops.h in the bsp include directory. What might be the basic issue?

15 answers to this question

Hi,

In my experience Vivado and SDK are closely following date and time of the files in the project. All files should be in sync, otherwise, SDK doesn't see them.

Usually I do click "Refresh" on the tree containg the missing file. The most efficient way is to start SDK from the Vivado after exporting hardware to SDK.

In my opinion this is all about syncing files.

Hope this will help!

Hi, Thanks for the responses and getting me warmed up to the forum.

I see that in all the BSP include files generated, the xgpiops.h files exists but not the xgpio.h file which is the file thaat LED_test_tut_1C.c is including.

/* Include Files */
#include "xparameters.h"
#include "xgpio.h"
#include "xstatus.h"
#include "xil_printf.h"

I am doing the tutorial 1C Zynq PS with AXI GPIO IP instantiation with 2015.4 

-Gnanam

Hi @egnanam,

My last 2 steps in vivado are usually clicking on file and exporting hardware with bitstream and then launching sdk as described in this tutorial. I just did your tutorial but did my last two steps instead of separately opening sdk and importing file and xgpio.h was in the BSP.  This shouldn't make a difference for sdk.  I attached a screen shot of a portion of my BSP #includes folder. You might want to delete the sdk folder in your project and re-export hardware with bitstream. I would then try launching sdk from Vivado and see if that fixes your issue.

cheers,

JOn

xgpio_h.jpg

Jon,

Thanks for following up with your test results.

Meanwhile, I reviewed what could have gone wrong and started doing the project from scratch which seemed to have solved the issue of generating the xgpio.h files as well.

Previously, I  had used the bitfile from a different project with the same block design and imported it into the current project which seemed to have the issue. It has the same block design and bit files should be not different in the 2 approaches. There are probably nuances in the 2 approaches causing the mismatch in the header files generated.

Now I see the same results as yours as well.

Thank you again for the quick response.

regards,

Gnanam

Thanks for the response @jpeyron. After looking at the requirements, I realized that you need NeoPixels in order to make the demo, when all I really wanted was to use the board's LEDs, so I switched to the "Getting Started" tutorial and that worked for me. If I ever get some NeoPixels I might revisit this demo, but for now, I'm good.

Actually, while I have your attention, I should point out that initially says to use the Zynq Processor, but later on switches to MIcroBlaze for no apparent reason. Is the Zynq Processor not sufficient, or is this a typo?

Finally, could you explain the difference between the RGB and the HSV option in step 5.2?

Archived