Conflicting two Pmods

Notarobot

Question

Hello to all,

I am looking for help resolving a conflict between two Pmods. The Zybo board is configured in standalone (bare metal) mode. Each of Pmods was tested and worked perfectly well when running alone. It should be noted that RTCC module works also with the Pmod OLED without any issues.

However, when I add PmodRTCC to the system it hangs. Debugging indicated that is does have address but no pointer to the myDevice struct.

Attached is a block diagram of the system. I am sure that I missed something and hoping that people will spot it quickly.

Thank you!

Two_Pmods.PNG

5 answers to this question

Jon,

After trying the suggested update and various hardware configurations I exchausted all reasonable options and changed the target language from VHDL to Verilog. Miraculously, this change produced the desired effect. Now the project works although in a different configuration but this is not important.

I am not sure that this is the primary cause of the issue and will continue testing.

Thank you for clues and your very valuable support! Have a great day!

Jon,

There are no warnings at all. xil_printf doesn't help because the system hangs on the instruction:

RTCC_begin(&myDevice, XPAR_PMODRTCC_0_AXI_LITE_IIC_BASEADDR, 0x6F);

Debug shows zeros (I have captured once). When I bypass RTCC instructions the second Pmod (AD1) completes its task as designed.

I will prepare the project for sharing with you.

Thank you!

Archived