How to use CmodA7 GPIO in Vivado

Simon

Question

Hi,

We wanted to use GPIO pins for cmodA7, and we tried Link to Community Project to test the XADC, GPIO, buttons, LEDs, and SRAM link, from  the resource center, but it didn't work. How we can solve this. We created a Microblaze on the CmodA7, we downloaded from github the board package and the Pmod IP package. We used these for BmodBT2 and  PmodNav. They are worked fine, but they has each IP has a predefined pinout on Pmod JA connector.  We would like to reconfigure the pinout to CmadA7  GPIO pins (47 pieces), which are located on the bottom of the board. How can we reconfigure the Pmod IP-s from the Pmod JA to the GPIO Pins? 

Thanks in advance.

3 answers to this question

Hi @Simon,

Whichever pmod you want to use the GPIO pins instead of the Pmod port JA you will add the ip and the right click on Pmod out and click make external. Then after you create a wrapper you will need to add the Cmod A7 xdc and constrain what vivado names the Pmod out. I have attached a project where i have done this for the PmodBT2. 

cheers,

Jon 

cmoda7.zip

On 2017. 03. 10. at 8:03 PM, jpeyron said:

Hi @Simon,

Whichever pmod you want to use the GPIO pins instead of the Pmod port JA you will add the ip and the right click on Pmod out and click make external. Then after you create a wrapper you will need to add the Cmod A7 xdc and constrain what vivado names the Pmod out. I have attached a project where i have done this for the PmodBT2. 

cheers,

Jon 

cmoda7.zip

Thank you!

Archived