In formation about License of Genesys 2

rappysaha

Question

Hello everyone,

I need some information about Genesys2 Board license.

When I have bought the genesys2 license, I get this license voucher: OEM Kintex-7 FPGA XC7K325T Vivado Design Edition Voucher.

I want to know about following questions:

1. is it a permanent license? Is there any time limit?  Actually, I am confused with this information (bold and underlined):

"The Genesys 2 is compatible with Xilinx’s new high-performance Vivado® Design Suite as well as the ISE toolset, which includes ChipScope and EDK. Vivado comes with all the required cable drivers, so no separate installation is required. The free “WebPACK” versions of these toolsets do not support the Kintex-7 325T, however for a limited time a voucher with Design Edition will be included with no additional cost."

I got this information from this link.

2. Is it possible to generate the bit stream for any other target chips (other kintex or artix chips) with this license? 
  3. Is it possible to generate an IP by HLS for any other target chips (other kintex or artix chips) with this license?

Actually, I need to make sure about these issues very clearly. If I can't use this license for other chips, I may need buy license for other chips. 
Any suggestion will be very helpful.

Thank you
Rappy Saha

4 answers to this question

Hi @rappysaha,

Question 1. The license is good for one year. You get all of the Vivado design suite versions put out during that year. Like Vivado 2016.4 was just put out a few months ago. Then for example Vivado 2017.2 comes out a few months from now then you would be able to get that version as well. 

Question 2. yes

Question 3. I'm not sure i will have to research that

Hi @rappysaha,

We're not fully certain about the differences between those two licenses as those of us here on the Forum are not Xilinx employees. I believe that the two licenses that you are referring to are the same license (I didn't see a "voucher" on the second license that you linked to though), so you would need to contact Xilinx in order to get a full and accurate description between specific licenses.

Thank you,
JColvin

Archived