Nexys Video Microblaze echo server example not work under xilkernel

Cynthia

Question

Hi Mr./Ms.,

I have successfully make Nexys Video Microblaze server example works following:  https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-video-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start

However, the echo server only works under standalone OS but not xilkernel OS. It gives me the error "unable to alloc pbuf in recv_handler" called from "setup_rx_bds" function, even I haven't telnet the server yet.  I have tried:

1. increase heap size

2. increase pbuf_pool_buffer size, pbuf_pool_size 

3. increase mem_size, mem_n_pbuf

4. enable jumbo frame

5. increase TX and RX buffer size in axi_ethernet component in vivado

The enlarged men size can delay the appearance of this error, but error message still come out and I cannot echo successfully. 

I guess it is not a pure problem from memory size since standalone works, maybe because the xilkernel is too busy so that cannot catch up with the speed of coming packets. So far the speed of LINKSPEED is also 100MHz as well as sys frequency. I wonder any way can slow down the coming packets ?

PS: board is Nexys video, vivado is 16.2, xilkernel is 6.3, lwip is 1.4.1

Thank you very much!

4 answers to this question

@jpeyron

Thank you for your reply!

I do use LWIP RAW API example from xilinx, and I don't want to use socket.

The whole project is exceed 1MB, so I upload only source code, the hardware binary is generated from example  https://reference.digilentinc.com/learn/programmable-logic/tutorials/nexys-video-getting-started-with-microblaze-servers/start

The output I get is:

output.JPG

In fact, even without enable echo server, the xemac_add function is enough to generate "unable to alloc pbuf in recv_handler" error, for which xadapter_timer is suspicious in my point of view, but still debugging... 

Thank you so much!

src.zip

Archived