chipKIT layout information

Capt Mike

Question

I am having an issue mounting a standoff in the upper left corner (near the reset switch) mounting hole on the Max32 board.  My standoff is making contact with and sometimes crushing R4, which is adjacent.  Can I get any dimensional information on clearance around that hole?  Thanks.

Max32 mountig.jpg

10 answers to this question

Eagle is free. The board is made on more than two layers but I think you can open to make some measurements. However, I am not realy sure if this is what you were asking when you said distance from the connector, but take a look (dimension in mm).

Regards,

Bianca

Capture.JPG

Thanks.  Yes, I know Eagle is free, bu tmy company has our machines locked down so we cannot load any 3rd party tools...  :(

I don't believe that is the latest version that you have shown above.  Yes, that would be exactly what I am looking for, but on the current (Rev E) board, there is an additional header (J18 with SCL and SDA) squeezed in between that J3 you have shown and the mounting hole.  See this picture

Max32 with J18.jpg

Has anyone found a standoff and/or spacer that they have used to stack a board on top of this Max32?  The clearance is so tight around that hole nearest the reset switch that I can't find anything that will not either interfere with R4 or risk shorting across it.  Thanks for any help....

Archived