How to use PMODsd card on Basys3?

GreatGBL

Question

2 answers to this question

@GreatGBL,

What are you looking for?  I've provided you with several examples in three other threads [1, 2, 3].  @jpeyron has piped in with some examples as well.  Is there something you are looking for that these other examples don't have?  Are you looking for a project with a PMod SD in it?  (I notice there's none referenced in the PMod SD Reference page)  You can find one such project here.  While it's not complete (yet), it'll at least show you how to make the connections to the SD card.  Sadly, I haven't tested the SD card in that project (yet) to know if it works, as I've been focused on other parts of it.  I do know the SD Card core within it works, because it has been used successfully within this project.

The big thing to notice regarding the PModSD is that the PModSD itself has little more to it than a couple of wires and a couple resistors.  That means it's generic, and should be able to work with anything that can speak the SD protocol.

Given that you wish to run at high speed, you'll want to make certain you can use the full 50MHz clock for your operation(s).

Dan

3 minutes ago, D@n said:

@GreatGBL,

What are you looking for?  I've provided you with several examples in three other threads [1, 2, 3].  @jpeyron has piped in with some examples as well.  Is there something you are looking for that these other examples don't have?  Are you looking for a project with a PMod SD in it?  (I notice there's none referenced in the PMod SD Reference page)  You can find one such project here.  While it's not complete (yet), it'll at least show you how to make the connections to the SD card.  Sadly, I haven't tested the SD card in that project (yet) to know if it works, as I've been focused on other parts of it.  I do know the SD Card core within it works, because it has been used successfully within this project.

The big thing to notice regarding the PModSD is that the PModSD itself has little more to it than a couple of wires and a couple resistors.  That means it's generic, and should be able to work with anything that can speak the SD protocol.

Given that you wish to run at high speed, you'll want to make certain you can use the full 50MHz clock for your operation(s).

Dan

Alright, I am very thanks for your help during those days. Thanks a lot.

Kind Regards

GreatGBL

Archived