FTDI driver breaks other things macOS

markatlnk

Question

Installed Waveform 2015 software as instructed and installed the driver also. Couldn't get the Analog Discovery 2 to get recognized until after I rebooted the system. But it is only recognized if I plug it directly into my machine. If I use a hub, It doesn't work.  The problem is I have several Arduino boards that use FTDI chips also plugged into my system through hubs and they were all working just fine before I installed your provided driver. Now they also only function if they are plugged directly into the laptop.  I can't operate that way, how do I uninstall the driver or keep your driver from breaking my other devices on the system.

Even one of my hard drives that is connected through an Anker 3.0 HUB no longer connects unless directly connected. Another hard drive is still working through the hub.

After restarting the mac several times, I got things to work by unplugging the actual powered hub. Unplugging from the computer wasn't enough, I needed to unplug power from the hub before things started to work again.

We still need some sort of uninstall instructions.

macOS Sierra 10.12.3

MacBook pro Mid 2012

16 Gig ram.

1 answer to this question

Hello,

Sorry to hear this, but I don't think the Digilent's driver is causing such problems.

I also run in strange USB issues with OS-X and the best solution seems to be to disconnect the devices and restart.

The Digilent driver for OS-X is just a driver filter to prevent loading the system's default driver. This can be unloaded with kextunload command or to remove you can find it at /Library/Extensions/DigilentFtdiDriver.kext and restart.

Archived