Question about Analog Discovery capabilities

Ben321

Question

The data logger mode works to take data maybe about once per second over many hours and saves the data. The scope mode works by sampling millions of times per second and displaying the waveform temporarily on the screen, but the data is not saved.

Can it be used as a high speed digitizer though? A high speed digitizer combines these 2 features (oscilloscope and data logger), by sampling thousand or millions of times per second, over a period of a few seconds to a few minutes, and saves the raw data (usually 8 or 16 bits per sample) to a file. Can the Analog Discovery do this? I know there's some NI hardware that can, but NI equipment is VERY expensive. That's why I'm hoping that the Analog Discovery can do this.

3 answers to this question

Hello,

Digital signals can be added to the scope interface.
With the record acquisition mode up to 10M samples can be captured at a rate limited by the USB bandwidth, 1-2MHz only analog or digital and about 500kHz in digitizer mode.
The data can be exported manually or using the logging tool.
i1.png

On 2/13/2017 at 8:34 AM, attila said:

Hello,

Digital signals can be added to the scope interface.
With the record acquisition mode up to 10M samples can be captured at a rate limited by the USB bandwidth, 1-2MHz only analog or digital and about 500kHz in digitizer mode.
The data can be exported manually or using the logging tool.

@attila When you said that the rate is limited by the USB bandwith, what is that rate,? the sampling rate? , cause in the waveforms I can see a see a maximum rate of 10MHz. What do you mean by digitzer mode?

Capture.JPG

With the record acquisition mode up to 10M samples can be captured at sampling rate limited by the USB bandwidth, 1-2MHz only analog (having only scope channels) or digital (logic analyzer interface) and about 500kHz in mixed mode (having digital channels in the scope interface).

Archived