OpenScope Mechanical STL Files

HI Guys, 

We loaded the first version of the OpenScope Mechanical Files. We have two versions, a single extruder and a dual extruder version. Since the dual is much more complicated and still being tweaked, we are only loading the single (backers who get a 3D printed case by us will get one off of the dual extruding printer, photos attached). 

So check them out and let us know what you think: 

http://repables.com/r/821/

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2080883 (exact same file as on repables, but on Thingiverse... we prefer repables)

aaf53fcae1226ea70fbeccd80cbc9284_preview

FWIW, it looks like both of the links are working now; I had also noticed that the Thingiverse link wasn't working yesterday.

I'm not part of the OpenScope project here at Digilent, but I wouldn't be surprised if those files also found their way onto GitHub. There might be a delay in terms of pushing it to public view to help ensure that only the appropriate Kickstarter backers have early access, but again, I can't confirm or deny that.

I think @LariSan will probably be able to get us a more formal answer early next week.

Thanks,
JColvin

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hello,

Here's the response I got back from the designer of the cases:

The most popular FDM 3D print materials are PLA and ABS. In our office, we have been printing with PLA. That being said, I would recommend to print with PLA since this material is easier to work with and there are plenty of slicer profiles for any user to setup and adjust their printer to get them started. But don’t let this be the limitation, feel free to print away with other materials that have different mechanical properties, and keep us updated.
As far as units, the STL files have been exported in millimeters, so be sure to check this in your slicer when your importing it.
For more information, refer to the Thingiverse or Repables page for updated instructions.

Thanks,
JColvin

Archived