Firmware Updates?

freshfeesh

Question

I bought the Analog Discovery scope about 6 months back, but am only now at a point in my project where I need to break it out and use it.  I've become accustomed to chucking any packaged software and updating firmware for any device before I start in with it.  I don't see any firmware updates available for the discovery scope, or anything other Digilent product.  Am I missing it, or is the scope up-to-date as shipped?

4 answers to this question

The device firmware (more exactly the FPGA configuration) is programmed by the software when connecting to the device with WaveForms or custom SDK script/application.

The configuration is part of the software package, there is no separate firmware update option.

Under Device/Manager, after selecting "Show advanced features" you will be able to choose between available configurations. These have different buffer distribution between the instruments or instrument support.

Hi you need to download the Waveforms first and then connect Analog Discovery with the USB. Once you turn on the Waveforms, there is pop up to show a device is detected and Analog Discovery is on. You can see a red light is on at the back of the Analog Discovery. In the Waveforms, you can see a widget for firmware update.

I have Waveforms 2.7.5 installed and running, the Discovery Scope is working, but I can't see anything about updating firmware, either in the first Waveforms window, the "Instrument Launcher", or anywhere in the oscilloscope instrument that I'm running.  Here's that first "Instrument Launcher" screen:

a8xd6Qu.png

I've gone through every option of every button and menu that I could find and don't see anything about firmware update.  There is a "check for updates" option in 'Help', but it executed instantly and responds with "UpToDate" - it appears to pertain to the Waveforms software only, but does that apply to the device as well?  It would be nice to get some confirmation of the current version on the device.

Archived